When you find the invoiced amount of a service contract is wrong, you can cancel the invoice first and go to the Manage Service Contracts app to correct the service contract price.
Tips: According to the system design, you DON'T NEED to reject or delete any billing document requests.
This blog tells you the reason behind and shows you how to deal with this case step by step.
Service contract management provides automatic processing from service contracts to billing document requests and billing documents.
What to Do
1. Cancel the invoice that has the wrong amount in the Manage Billing Documents app.
Don’t reject or delete the billing document request (BDR) in the Manage Billing Document Requests app after you cancel the invoice.
2. Go to the Manage Service Contracts app.
You can see the invoice cancellation from the Transaction History of the service contract and service contract item.
3. Change the price according to your requirement
Steps and system behaviors vary between items of different item categories.
Service Contract Itm (SCN1)
SC Itm (Pri. Adaptn.) (SCN2)
4. Now a new BDR can be created according to the background job scheduled in the Schedule Billing Document Request Creation app.
5. You can use the new BDR to generate a new invoice with the correct amount.
Here is an example to show you how to do it in the system. We've got a service contract (7000000750) which contains one service contract item (Item 100) and one item for price adaptation (Item 200). They are quarterly billed. The billed amount and invoice amount is USD 90.
BDRs: 1000000097; 1000000098
Invoices: 90004353; 90004354
Now you're aware that the invoice amount is wrong and want to correct it. The target price is USD 93 for Item 100 and USD 96 for Item 200.
1. Go to the Manage Billing Documents app (you must have the authorization to access this app, for example, a Billing Clerk role)
2. Find the invoices in question and cancel them
3. Go back to the Manage Service Contracts app. Check the transaction history and billing status of Item 100 and 200.
Note that now the billing status is not updated, still in “Transferred to Billing”.
4. Correct the wrong amount USD 90 and apply the correct amount USD 93 (Item 100) and USD 96 (Item 200).
a. For Item 100, go to the Price Details assignment block -> edit the list -> insert or add a new PSI1 price USD 30 or directly change the existing USD 30 to USD 31.
b. For Item 200, go the Billing Plan assignment block -> Settlement Periods -> Details of the billing request line -> edit the list -> insert or add a new PSI1 price USD 30 or directly change the existing USD 30 to USD 32.
Then you can use the fast entry to correct the price for the rest billing request lines.
5. Save the contract and check the billing status of Item 100 and 200. Now the billing status is updated to “Not transferred to Billing” because the system triggers automatic rejection of the previous billing document requests.
6. If you want to check the status of the previous billing document requests, you can go to the Manage Billing Document Requests app. Now they are rejected.
7. Generate the new billing document requests and invoices
New BDRs: 1000000099; 1000000100
New Invoices: 90004363; 90004362
8. Check Item 100 and 200 in the Manage Service Contracts app
Now they have the correct price, billing status, and new billing document.