Data Migration is one of the key aspects for SAP S/4HANA Cloud implementation project.
Quite often success or failure of a new implementation project depends on data quality and data loads. In order to plan data migration cutover activities and have a tab on the data loads progress, the Data Migration Status app can be very useful. The app also provides possibility to have a cross project look at the data e.g. statistics on all customers loaded across projects.
What's the app all about:
- Get an overview of your migration objects and projects in real time
- Use filters and change view settings to drill down into reports faster
- See detailed statuses for all records
- Get info on all messages
- Export reports to Microsoft Excel files
How to access the app:
You need business role: BR_CONFIG_EXPERT_DATA_MIG
You can find the Data Migration Status app under Data Migration Fiori grouping
How to use the app:
1. Apply filters based on Migration Project, Migration Period, Object Name and Record Status. By default, all migration objects statuses are displayed.
2. Select a migration object and record level details along with messages(errors/information etc.) are displayed in the right side panel.
3. You can also download the status files for planning/reconciliation/audit purposes using the button.
4. You can also make use of the "Audit" function ( manage multiple audit status button) for either performing audit on a system selected sampling or user defined records.
Where to find more information about the app:
FAQ for SAP S/4HANA Data Migration Status: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/0002615787
Happy data loading and status tracking!