Get started with this new release by checking out the Finance help. Below, you can find direct links to some of the changes.
UPDATE - Please note: As of August 27th, there are additional help topics available. Below, they are marked with an asterisk (*).
Management Accounting and Margin Analysis
- A new How-To video Performing a Settlement Run is available in the following topic: Run Settlement – Actual.
- *The following new topic describes how you can update references to accounts and account nodes in the SAP Analytics Cloud content delivered for Financial Planning: Adapting SAP Analytics Cloud Planning Content to Customer-Specific G/L Account Master Data.
- New Financial Planning content has been delivered for SAP Analytics Cloud, including the new model SAP__FI_BPL_IM_CAPEX and the corresponding stories. – See Investment Planning in SAP Analytics Cloud.
- The financial statement planning functions in SAP Analytics Cloud have been enhanced. Check out the new stories that have been added: Performing Financial Statement Analytics and Performing Financial Statement Reporting.
- For the financial data import, a second example has been added to show you how to define the scope of your plan data in the source file: Examples: Financial Data Import
Accounting and Financial Close
General Ledger Accounting
- *A new procedure can be used for creating G/L accounts that are connected to house bank accounts and used for running payment processes. This topic also explains the classic procedure. – See Define G/L Accounts for Payment Processes.
- This FAQ topic is new: Manage G/L Account Master Data: FAQ
- A new How-To video is available for posting journal entries with auto reverse. You can find the video in this topic: Posting Journal Entries with Auto-Reverse.
- *For the Display Line Items in General Ledger app, the following updated topic describes all the extensibility options and provides helpful examples for key users: App Extensibility: Display Line Items in General Ledger (Key User).
- *The following topic has been updated: Advanced Foreign Currency Valuation.
- *A new topic explains how to use the Post Credit Risk-Based Impairment job template. – See Post Credit Risk-Based Impairment.
- *There are two new topics about dynamic reclassification: Dynamic Reclassification in Financial Statement Versions and Enable Dynamic Reclassification.
- Registration for Indirect Taxation Abroad (RITA) has been released into Q for testing purposes. Entry point: Registration for Indirect Taxation Abroad (RITA).
- The units-of-production method of depreciation has been introduced, including a new app (Maintain Number of Units for UoP Depreciation), a changed app (Manage Fixed Assets), and a new API (API Fixed Asset: Usage Object for UoP Depreciation).
- New topics describe the reversal of journal entries in Asset Accounting. Entry point: Reversal.
- You can now close a fiscal year for one or more company codes or ledgers. The following topic documents the corresponding job template: Year-End Closing Asset Accounting (Cross-Company Code and Ledger).
- The balance carryforward in General Ledger Accounting changed and a new job template has been introduced. This also affects Asset Accounting. This FAQ topic has been enhanced accordingly: Fiscal Year Change in Asset Accounting: FAQ.
Revenue and Cost Accounting
- For event-based revenue recognition for project-based sales, the following topics are now available: Project-Based Sales and Revenue Recognition (Event-Based) - Projects (2).
- For event-based revenue recognition for project billing, a new app Project WIP Details (2) is available. This app can be used to monitor customer projects for which the project billing functions have been activated. The app documentation can be found under Sales Accounting: Project WIP Details (2).
- This app and its documentation are new: Revenue Recognition Reversal.
Cash and Liquidity Management
- This topic has been updated with a new Cloud BAdI for the Manage Bank Accounts app. In addition, two new How-To videos (Extending Bank Account Master Data and Defining Custom Logic for Bank Account Master Data) are available to help users understand how to add custom fields and implement custom logic for the app. – See App Extensibility: Manage Bank Accounts.
- *A new topic contains a list of predefined email notification templates for bank account management processes and information on how to customize these templates: Customizing Email Notification Templates.
- *There are changes in house bank account connectivity and in G/L account assignment. You can now link only one house bank account to one bank account when the connectivity ID category is Central System: House Bank Account. In addition, the company code of the house bank account must be the same as for the bank account. – See Defining House Bank Accounts.
- *Because of the newly introduced bank reconciliation account type, there are new processes for assigning G/L accounts to house bank accounts. – See Assigning G/L Accounts to House Bank Accounts.
- In addition to inactive bank accounts and bank account drafts, you can now delete active bank accounts. The relevant topic has been updated accordingly: Deleting Bank Accounts.
Receivables Management: Clearing of Open Items
- *The following new topic about handling payment differences, tolerance limits, partial payments, residual items, and reason codes was added to the A/R clearing process documentation: Payment Differences.
Receivables Management: Bank Statement Processing
- Now, you can find step-by-step instructions in these topics: How to Share Reprocessing Rules and How to Automate Reprocessing Rules.
Receivables Management: SAP Credit Management
- The new SAP Fiori apps Display Credit Exposure and Display Credit Account Data replace their predecessors based on HTML GUI. – See Display Credit Exposure and Display Credit Account Data.
- The new job scheduling app Delete Credit Management Data is delivered with two job templates. – See Delete Credit Management Data.
- A new topic about the new job template Reverse Payment Run is available.
- The following new topic about the automatic determination of bank sub accounts in posting payments is available: Automatic Determination of Bank Sub Accounts
APIs in Finance
- An overview topic with a dynamic table showing all Finance APIs is available. You can sort and filter the table according to various criteria. For each table entry, a link to the individual API documentation is available. - See APIs in Finance.
- The general API documentation has been enhanced: APIs on SAP API Business Hub. The individual API documentation has been enhanced as well: The topics now contain more sample payloads, error code tables, operations documentation for OData APIs, message monitoring information, and authentication information.
*Video Library for Finance
Nearly a dozen new and updated videos have been added to the Video Library for Finance. The library has been restructured again to account for the ever-growing number of how-to videos. For example, we've split the "Videos for General Ledger Accounting" folder into several subfolders.
- Managing Major Deviations in GR/IR Account Reconciliation
- Performing a Settlement Run
- Posting Journal Entries with Auto Reverse
- Overview of the Sales Process in the External Sales and Use Tax Solution for the US
- Overview of the Sourcing and Procurement Process in the External Sales and Use Tax Solution for the US
- Using the Initial Loading of Jurisdiction Codes Job Template
- Responding to the German VAT Changes (micro-learning in collaboration with OpenSAP)
- Extending Bank Account Master Data
- Defining Custom Logic for Bank Account Master Data
Have a look at our video about What's New in the Finance Video Library for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2008.
- Working with Reports (Web Dynpro)
- Using the Cash Flow Analyzer
What else is new in this release?
To see what is changing in documentation, check the documentation correction note.
And feel free to give us feedback and let us know what you think using the feedback function.