This blog describes how to use the "Rounding permitted" control in S/4HANA Cloud.
In the following example, rounding is enabled for item category TAN. When requested in standard orders (OR), material TG11 is expected to be delivered in multiples of three.
Configure Item Category
1. Log on to the system and Launch the Manage Your Solution app.
2. Set the country version and choose Configure Your Solution.
3. Filter by Sales in Application Area, and Sales Order Management and Processing in Sub application Area. Open the Sales Documents item.
4. In step 2. Configure Item Categories, click Configure.
5. Select an item category and click Details.
6. Check Rounding permitted and save the configuration.
Maintain Material Master
1. Launch the Create Material or Change Material app.
2. Enter the material.
3. Select view Sales: Sales Org. Data 1.
4. Specify the sales organization and distribution channel.
5. Enter the desired delivery unit.
Note: When you create a sales document, order quantities of this material will be rounded up to a multiple of the delivery unit.
Create Sales Order
1. Launch the Create Sales Orders app.
2. Set the order type to OR.
3. Enter the sold-to party, customer reference, material, and order quantity.
If not a multiple of the delivery unit, order quantity is rounded up. In this example, requested order quantity 4 is rounded up to 6. A message indicating the rounding result and reason is displayed.