Bank Communication Management in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
At SAP, we are simplifying your communication with banks by offering various options for bank communication to meet individual customer requirements. This blog is not meant as a replacement of the documentation, it is rather an extension of the documentation. This blog post will focus on the comparison of the various communication options, also providing guidance so that you can make the right business decision for your company.
Three Ways of Bank Communication
You may have noticed that we currently have three ways to communicate with banks. These include:
There are numerous reasons for this. You’re probably asking yourself – which option should I be using?
Comparing the Three Ways of Bank Communication
Bank Integration with File Interface (Scope Item 1EG)
If your company is very small with a very limited number of house banks, you can use the Bank Integration with File Interface (1EG). In this scenario, files are handled manually to exchange information about payments and bank statements with your bank.
Key Process Flows:
- Download the payment instruction file created by your back-end system
- Upload the bank statement from the bank to SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- You don’t need any additional SAP S/4HANA Cloud license
- You don’t require Advanced Cash Operations (Scope Item J78)
- You’re responsible for the bank communication and the remedy of defects ·