Influence the workflow restart of Purchase Requisitions in SAP S/4 HANA 1908CE.
When the Purchase Requisitions in SAP S/4 HANA changes, the system restarts the approval if the changes to the Purchase Requisitions are critical. The users can now decide which change is critical for their business process and should influence the restart of Purchase Requisitions approval. This is possible through the following two options.
1. Override the default conditions that restart the approval workflow in the purchase requisitions using the Self-Service Configuration UI Manage Conditions to Restart Flexible Workflow
In Manage Conditions to Restart Flexible Workflow configuration, available with the Manage your Solutions app, restart of Purchase Requisitions approval can be stopped for specific attributes.
2. Define own conditions to restart the approval workflow in purchase requisitions Business Add-In (BAdI) Define Conditions to Restart Flexible Workflow.
Manage Conditions to Restart Flexible Workflow
In the SSCUI Manage Conditions to Restart Flexible Workflow, there are two columns with which the workflow restart can be influenced for Purchase Requisitions with different creation indicators:
- Column "SS Proc." is applicable for Purchase Requisitions created from the Self Service Purchase Requisitions App - Create Purchase Requisition. By default, the attributes relevant for self-service procurement are selected and editable. The attributes which are not editable indicates that they are not applicable for Self-Service Procurement. These are Purchase Requisitions with creation indicator, ESTKZ = 'S' i.e., Self-Service Procurement
- Column "Prf. Proc." is for Purchaser role is applicable for the Purchase Requisitions created from the Create Purchase Requisition Advanced and Manage Purchase Requisition Professional Applications. By default, the attributes relevant for Professional Procurement are selected and editable. The attributes which are not editable indicates that they are not applicable for Professional Procurement. These are Purchase Requisitions with creation indicator, ESTKZ = 'R' i.e., Realtime (manual).
You can deselect the attributes which on change should not restart the approval workflow.
There is no need to restart the approval of Self-Service Purchase Requisitions when the Delivery date changes. Deselect the 'SS Proc' column of the attribute 'Delivery Date'.
The source of supply assignment of Purchase Requisitions usually happens after the approval of Purchase Requisitions. If there is no need to trigger restart of workflow in this situation, then all the related attributes need to be deselected to achieve the desired restart approval behavior.
Source of Supply assignment is an action which modifies multiple fields like purchasing organization, purchasing info record number, principal purchase agreement number, and principal purchase agreement item number. In this case, it is important to deselect all the related attributes to prevent restart of workflow.
Define Conditions to Restart Flexible Workflow
Additionally, BAdI Define Conditions to Restart Flexible Workflow ( MM_PUR_S4_PR_WFL_RESTART) can be used to further control the restart approval workflow based on attribute values. Create an implementation in Define Conditions to Restart Flexible Workflow using the Custom Fields and Logic app. An example implementation is provided for reference with the BAdI. This BAdI is can be used to influence the approval restart of Purchase requisitions with any creation indicator.
There is no need to restart the approval of Purchase Requisitions for a particular plant, assume plant 'ABCD'. The following code snippet can be implemented using the Custom Fields and Logic app.
IF PURCHASEREQITEMSCURR-PLANT = 'ABCD'. "Purchase requisition plant
- The configuration Manage Conditions to Restart Flexible Workflow supports only the purchase requisitions with creation indicators as ‘S’ and ‘R’. However, this BAdI can be used to enable or disable the restart of workflow for purchase requisitions with any type of creation indicator.
- Custom fields are not supported in this BAdI. Note that the values of the custom fields are not currently populated even though the custom fields appear in the BAdI interface.