The Communication user is the user ID used by SAP to interact with other systems. It is important to setup and recognize the communication user, to ensure secure authentication is established for external connectivity.
Communication user can also be used to track SOAP or OData service messages or to debug the service code in back end.
- Communication scenario and Communication arrangement should be configured for Ariba connectivity.
Define technical user to execute API
Define address of systems to talk to
Defines ‘Who talks to whom and how’
Scenarios provided by SAP API Hub for communication, which can be utilized by Communication Arrangement
How to identify Communication user?
- Identify the user name in Communication Arrangement from Fiori (Fiori login-> Communication Management -> Communication arrangement)
- Fetch the user ID from SU01 T-code for the above username. This can be used to check logs and debug the services.
How can the User ID be used for connectivity and analysis?
The user ID should be configured in Ariba for both SOAP and OData services.
For Ariba connectivity via CIG Cloud Integration Gateway :
The communication user should be configured at CIG settings (42K).
- Login to Ariba Buyer or Supplier account, click on User name on right top corner
- Click on User name on top right corner Manage Profile ->Cloud Integration Gateway Setup to view the Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway.
- In the Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway Menu, click ->My Configuration->Select the Project with respect to the current connectivity ->View->Connections-> Connection Details->Select View->Under Connection to Backend->Check the Domain path matches the domain path of SAP system ->Communication user name and Password should be maintained.
If Ariba is connected directly to S/4HANA system ,
- SOAP service:
Login to Ariba
Click on Manage -> Core Administration -> Integration Manager -> End point Configuration -> Select or create the desired endpoints.
The Communication user should be configured in HTTP Authentication.
The above End point configuration are used in Integration configuration.
For further details on SOAP service analysis refer the blog :
- OData Service :
Login to Ariba click on Manage -> Core Administration -> Customization Manager ->Parameters
The Communication user ID and password should be provided for below parameters:
Note: Above parameters might require Admin access to view
For further details on OData service analysis refer the blog :
Debugging settings for Communication user at backend: