We had experienced an Issue in the APP 'Edit & Approve', If two users are trying to edit the line items of same PR simultaneously Users get an error User 'XYZ' already processing Purch. Requisition 'ABC'.
The Scenario is as below
- We are using Item based Approval
- We have created a Team Function (Purchasers)
- So the first step of approval is the Purchasing team
- A PR 'ABC' is created with two items '10' & '20'
- Purchaser 'X' is working on PR item 'ABC 10'
- Purchaser 'Y' is working on PR item 'ABC 20'
So when both the Purchasers are using the Edit & Approve App simultaneously both of them receive an error 'User X/Y already processing Purch. Requisition ABC'. Kindly find the attached screenshot.
From Business point of view this is not correct because for them they are working on two individual line items.
But from technical point of View, The system sets a core lock the Purchase Requisition object EMEBANE at header level
so 2 users cannot access the same Purchase Requisition at the same time in change mode.
This is for database consistency reasons and as per the standard design.
Kindly find the attached document for technical details.
Thank you @Brian King for the information.