We are currently engaged in the implementation of S/4HANA in an engineering & project context. We need to be able to bill different activities to our customers:
- Time via timesheets
- Expenses (recorded via Concur)
- materials based on delivery & goods issue to customers
- procurement of external goods & services
- other costs
--> We can post the costs towards the WBS (work packages) but as far as we can see, we can only bill hours (fixed price, time & material....)
In a classic SAP environment this would be covered via resource related billing BUT this does not exist to that extend in S/4 Cloud - so my big questions are:
- How can we bill any costs associated with Work packages (WBS) towards customers in a flexible way?
- How does S/4 determine which costs are "billing relevant"?
- How can we influence this or did anyone use a work around?