Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse depreciation posting (FI-AA)

MarioFranco
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In asset management, I can not find a way to cancel postings made with the "Schedule Asset Accounting Jobs" app. I try it from the "Reverse Journal Entry" app, but normal depreciation postings are not shown.
How can I perform this action?

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Anirban_Dutta
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depreciation posting once made cannot be reversed. However , you can make correction/ supplementary postings by changing useful life /depreciation key or booking unplanned depreciation for individual asset master data and then rerun depreciation for the month again.

Regards,

Anirban

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mohamed_Cassim
Participant
0 Kudos

anirban2018 We have an asset that was duplicated during migration, and subsequently depreciation has been posted. How may we "reverse" all the postings against the asset?

Anirban_Dutta
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In addition to what Sandeep has mentioned , in order to reverse the depreciation , change the depreciation key in the asset master to zero Depn key and rerun depreciation for the month. System will post entry having reversal impact of original depreciation entry posted. Then you can reverse the migration journal entry and repost it as Sandeep has mentioned.

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If incorrect transfer values were posted, you should reverse the journal entry and then enter the transfer values again. You can only change transfer values by reversing the posted transfer document and making a new posting.