cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to book loss against project

0 Kudos

Hello,

Need to know how the losses is been settle for project or workpackage?

Scenario:

For a particular work package, the total billable hours is 100 hrs. But say, client has approved billable 80 hrs. 

So how the remaining 20 hrs is being adjust. In the project ?

Kindly guide me on the same.

Thanks & Regards 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member306668
Participant
0 Kudos

Wouldn't you just write off the 20 hours via the Release Billing Proposal app?

0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

So, how to handle losses for Periodic and Fixed Price.

Regards,

Mayur

ana_goncalves
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

From what I can see in your screenshot, you're trying to bill a Periodic Service item. The write-off function is not enabled for billing proposal items of type Fixed Price and Periodic Service. For these types, the amount to be billed is fixed and, therefore, does not depend directly on time posted to the project. The scenario you describe in your question seems more fit for Time and Expense projects and, in that case, borntosucceed's suggestion would be the way to go.

Kind regards,

Ana

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Am i suppose to use App:Release Billing Proposal to enter the write-off quantity or amount ?

If yes, the write-off field is grey out for me.

Kindly help me for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Mayur

ana_goncalves
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

After a brief discussion with another colleague (thank you for your insights tobschmi74!), the requirement here is not very clear in the context of Periodic Service and Fixed Price. For these contract types, you would typically agree on a certain amount (€) and not on hours. It is then up to the project team to deliver the work within a minimum amount of time to keep the costs as low as possible. In this case the customer doesn’t care about the hours that were needed to deliver the service and we don’t see any reason why they should not accept hours, as there's no impact on the agreed contract amount.

Kind regards,

Ana

Answers (0)