cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal FI Customer Invoice Output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

Is there any business that has a requirement to have an output form for normal FI invoices that are not linked to a Customer project?

Any advice or guidance on why we could achieve this in Public Cloud would be appreciated.

Regards,

Andro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nadja_Medeiros
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Andro and Carlos,

The output from purely Finance Customer Invoice is not supported in Cloud and as far as i know is not on roadmap plans, I am having the same discussion with a customer where this is actually a legal requirement and we have decided to activate the scenarios for SD: BD9 to run through the billing document and 1MC to be able to upload billing requests. We have also considered running into a non pre approved request , but other customers have already asked the same and had the process rejected by Product Development.

Actually quoting the Dev. team's feedback here:

"I don't recommend to pursue the pure FI-AR invoice process. In the context of S/4 HANA Cloud this is not intended to to be used for actual customer-facing invoices which require printing of PDF-creation of invoice documents. This is rather only to be used to create initially customer line items (e.g. as a small manual data migration) or to create customer line items which do not require a customer-facing document (e.g. to create manually a line item for a dunning fee or interest of arrears).

and that :

The SD Billing functionality offers the best support in terms of localization and printing and is, therefore, the best option to cover the described requirement"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadja,

Do you happen to have an example file that creates the billing document request as defined for 1MC in SOAP API

SAP_COM_0176 - BDR_REQUEST_IN? I can't get it to work on our starter system.

The test app 'Test Billing Document Request API' described in the 1MC test scenario works just fine though.

kind regards,

Jeroen

Nadja_Medeiros
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Jeroen,

Please refer to the document attached, you will need to adapt the Sales Org, Plant and Departure Country to your reality.

Please also have a look at the following documentation:

The following SAP Help documentation describes our SOAP web service for billing document request creation:

Billing Document Request - Create (Web Service) - https://help.sap.com/viewer/f9d6f3b3a5af416f8fa50af808d6099d/1805.500/en-US

You will find the same fields and nodes in this interface description as we offer with the Excel upload.

But the field descriptions are a little more detailed in the help of the web service as in the more technical help of the Excel file upload:

Creating External Billing Document Requests Manually (Excel File Upload)

https://help.sap.com/viewer/a376cd9ea00d476b96f18dea1247e6a5/1811.500/en-US/45c61e0f6e4e4fe28363e513...

A few field names are different in both interfaces. But from a content point of view they are almost the same, and a mapping should be easily possible.

I hope that the SAP Help of the web service in combination with the Excel documentation is a good starting point to provide the field content.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Mohamed_Cassim
Participant
0 Kudos

nadja.medeiros We have also had the requirement for Printable Invoices for postings done via Outgoing Invoice. As the postings are direct to the GL, and may affect several GL Accounts, will this upload cater for the requirement? Does the process require materials to be created for each GL Account to be posted to?

Nadja_Medeiros
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed, the use of the material still mandatory.

You can find more information here https://help.sap.com/viewer/a376cd9ea00d476b96f18dea1247e6a5/2002.500/en-US/45c61e0f6e4e4fe28363e513...

KR

Nadja

Castacarlos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have exactly the same requirement. Any help will be appreciated

Kr,

Carlos