We recently received a customer requirement which I would like to share with the community. The question was whether it was possible to see a report containing all the projects and related roles by name. So for example: Project accountant.
Here is how it can be done:
- Open the app “Custom CDS View” and create a new custom CDS view. Check the box “Analytical” to ensure that a custom analytical query can be created out of the CDS view in a later step. The custom CDS view contains the following CDS Views:
- I_EngagementProjectRoles as a primary data source
- I_PersonWorkAgreement as a secondary data source
The binding between both views is done as follows:
I_PersonWorkAgreement.PersonWorkAgreement = I_EngagementProjectRoles.EmploymentInternalID
- Choose the relevant fields needed in reporting from both views and publish the custom CDS view
- Go to the app “Custom Analytical Query” and create a new custom analytical query based on your custom CDS view.
- Choose the relevant fields for your reporting
- Create filters if necessary. For example: Filter on the project accountant role P002
- Finalize and publish your analytical query
- Create a catalogue entry for your custom analytical query via the app “View Browser”