Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company codes in foreign currencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Has anyone come across following scenarios:

- To configure a company code in a currency other than the country currency? As we know, SAP delivers the country and currency as default values with no scope of changes. Customer has some legal entities in foreign currencies, so we are reaching out to SAP via extended Expert config but no luck yet

- Some of the intercompany customers/suppliers (business partners) exist in countries which are not part of pre-delivered localization. We understand localization toolkit is still a far-fetched dream but surely it should not stop us to set up a Company id with the correct country and currency key so it can be mapped to the business partner via Trading partner id. As starting point of all configuration  is country version; it is not possible via SSCUI to configure the same.

Any inputs or feedback is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Prathamesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nadja_Medeiros
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have summarized the whole topic of currencies in a blog that I have posted today in our community.

I hope it helps:

https://s4hanacloud.community.sap/blogs/show/lHY6U4GcSuCHBArQBbfe3K?_lightbox=true

KR

Nadja

vonholzen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nadja

What's going to happen to master data such as cost center, GL accounts, profit center etc? Until now, the local currency is set as their currency. Ideally we'd want that these also 'receive' the third currency... Also, how is fx valuation dealing with this?

Thanks,

Thomas

Nadja_Medeiros
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

The information that I have so far is that everything will work as normal, so this third currency is set up like any other functional currency from the On-Prem. So inventory Management, Asset Accounting, and FX val, all as we have today, i know that in 1911 this will come with some limitations and only in 2002 we will have full functionality.

As soon as i have more details i will share here in the community!

KR

Nadja

vonholzen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nadia

Could you possibly share some details about the 'limitations' with 1911? As this function is crucial for us to move some entities from legacy system to S4 (we put it on hold until this third currency option is available), we would like to understand the details. It might not be worth then considering them for a 1911 go-live but rather wait for 2002 release. It really depends on what are these 'limitations'.

Thanks and best regards,

Thomas

Nadja_Medeiros
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

vonholzen, unfortunately, there is no much more details other than what I already shared, but as soon as I have more information I will share here in the community.

KR

Nadja

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vonholzen
Participant
0 Kudos

got exactly the same issue. SAP did some expert configuration for us back in 2018. Now that we have the same situation (company code in Luxembourg, but currency in USD) they rejected the expert config... too risky...

With 1911 apparently, this will be possible in standard though

0 Kudos

If you are in the US and these entities are USD functional currency, set the Group Currency to be based on the transaction currency. You'll also need to make sure that the local currency and group currency balances agree with what you have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jeff.franz3 ,

Thanks for your reply but I don't think this will work as my group currency is already in CAD as the headoffice is in Canada and the consolidation is done in CAD.

In addition of this, I think this could create issues in Fixed Asset Depreciation to use the Group Currency instead of the right Local Currency

Thanks

Louis

0 Kudos

Your system should have depreciation areas set up to give legal valuation in Group Currency. Further, your MM system should also have this parallel valuation. The main thing is to have the Group Currency calculated from the Transaction Currency which is expert configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeff but my Group Currency is already setup in CAD in our system

This won't provide any USD Local reporting for those company codes

former_member95896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a US entity that will have some transactions in Canadian dollars. The way we've addressed this via a conversation with SAP is the company and company code remain in the US and we're using CAD as the transaction currency. Something similar might work for your application.

former_member94298
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have sort of seen this done as follows:

- raise an expert config request (the non approved type - think they are referred to as customer requests these days) to get an additional currency type added (like you can do in an On Prem S/4 system) - and set this additional currency type to be the currency you need.

I wouldn't recommend doing this a lot as I suspect it could have data volume implications - but what you ask can be done with a bit of lateral thinking

0 Kudos

HI Clare,

We are currently faing the same issue with one of our customer, whic requires for the Country GB and the company created withinh the country, the company currency EUR and not GBP.

Can you pls confirm that it is something we can manage?

We do not want at this stage use as the workaround the group currency but really manage the company one.

Many thanks for your feedback,

Regards

Anirban_Dutta
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hervao,

There was a similar requirement in our project. Customer wanted to create Trading partners (Companies) with Country and Currency keys different from the localisation package. Through SSCUI 100066 a new company ID can be created only with reference through another base company but the country and currency keys cannot subsequently be modified from what was copied from the base company. Hence , you will be required to submit a non pre-approved expert configuration request for creating these Company IDs.

Regards,

Anirban

0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

Thanks for your prompte feedback.

So you mean that by creating a non expert config request, I will be able to ahve a UK company code with EUR currency?

Do you know the SLA for this config request?

Thanks a lot,

Anirban_Dutta
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hervao,

Not a Company Code. But a Company which can be assigned to Business Partner master data as a Trading Partner.

Regards,

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

anirban2018 Thanks for confirming. We have had similar challenges, still trying to work out a solution with SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

herveduclos Hi Hervao,

The best possible alternative suggested by SAP is Additional reporting currency; again via Exper config. Check attached pdf for details. It seems no other solution is available for now.

Regards,

Prathamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

anirban2018 Regarding

"Customer wanted to create Trading partners (Companies) with Country and Currency keys different from the localisation package. Through SSCUI 100066 a new company ID can be created only with reference through another base company but the country and currency keys cannot subsequently be modified from what was copied from the base company. Hence , you will be required to submit a non pre-approved expert configuration request for creating these Company IDs."

Did you actually manage to get those created from SAP?

Regards,

Prathamesh

Anirban_Dutta
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Former Member We have submitted a customer request and expecting it to be delivered. You can contact your CSM/product expert for the same.

Regards,

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ccsmith and anirban2018 ,

I am having currently the same issue than you: Company in Canada in USD Functional Currency / Company in UK in USD Functional Currency / Company in China in USD Functional Currency / Company in Hong Kong in USD Functional Currency.

Has your issue been resolved? Is SAP configured for you an Additional Currency? If yes, what's the exact name of this Key Figure (Free Defined Crcy 1, Local Currency 1, ...)? If it's the Free Defined Crcy 1, could you please confirm if SAP created a valuation Area for you in order to revaluate this currency at the month-end?

Thanks in advance for your help on this

Louis

Former Member
0 Kudos

anirban2018 I assume you mean the request is accepted only for Company and not actually Company codes. Could you please clarify?

I assume Louis is referring to change in local currency for company code.

Regards,

Prathamesh

Anirban_Dutta
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

We had submitted request for modifying the Country and Currency keys for couple of Companies/Trading partners we had created as these were copied from existing one with the localisation country and currency and couldn't be modified. Also we submitted request for creation of additional companies/trading partners with currency and country keys different from the localisation country. This request has been accepted. There is no requirement for creation of new Valuation area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member ,

Your Assumption is correct. We need to have of Local Currency different than a Country Currency for an operational Company Code. Do you know if SAP has any workaround for this specific need?

Thanks for your help

Louis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member

I suggest you reach out to assigned CEE, Product expert. You will not find standard documentation for change of local currency due to multi-tenancy nature of product and underlying risks w.r.t upgrades and future innovations.

Regards,

Prathamesh

Anirban_Dutta
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Former Member yes, you are correct . The request we raised was for Company and not a fully operational Company Code.

Regards,

Anirban