cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move Business Role/User/catalog assignment to production system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, 

I have the following requirement but I couldn't find a way to implement it, it would be great if anybody can answer my question.

I have to move many authorization roles, catalog assignments and in some cases user assignments to the production system.

I cannot find a way for doing that anymore. 

If I go to Maintain Business Roles, select some Roles, press the download button, there doesn't occur the selection window where you could choose "Export Catalog assignment" and "Export User assignment" anymore. After pressing the download Button, the XML File get generated directly. (attached you can see a screenprint)

How can I bring the role-user assignment to the production system? What happened to this selection screen, why doesn't that occur anymore?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Best regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

zeynepengland
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I am not able to see the screenshot therefore will give you the basic information about transporting the roles.

If you want to move a business role to productive system, after you download the XML file, you need to go to your productive system and upload the file.

You can see the explanation here : https://help.sap.com/viewer/f544846954f24b9183eddadcc41bdc3b/1808.500/en-US/8980ad05330b4585ab96a8e0...

--Download business roles from the test system and then upload them to the productive system per xml file

You do this by selecting the required business role in the test system, clicking Download, saving the xml file on your hard drive, clicking Upload in the productive system, browsing for the xml file and then clicking OK. For the download, you can select one or more business roles.---

However, when a business role is imported/uploaded into the system the business users are not updated. This is intentional, because the users in the source system might not exist in the productive system and if the role exists in the productive system we don't want to automatically update the user * in a productive system (this is because of security reasons).

You will need to update the user * manually in the productive system.

Hope it helps,

Zeynep England

Customer Success Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, thanks a lot for that information.

Answers (0)