cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy from P to Q when is going to be available?

robmccarthy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi is SAP planning to enable client copy for customers that are already running S4C?

Will this be offered as an extra service? 

2 clients that are live on S4C but have experienced the ECC or S/4 on prem edition are asking for this. 

Thanks,

John Tau 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sven_Lang
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Tau, I'm the responsible PM for this functionality. Yes, we're working on a possibility to transfer master and transactional data from P2Q. This functionality operates on table level. So we transfer exactly the tables which are required. No configuration or system tables. CC is not possible at all in the cloud. Currently we almost done with test cycles on copied customer systems and are about to start with the real POC on the productive systems. Rest of the year this functionality will be shipped in a series of controlled shipments to hand selected customers. GA is currently planned in the first half of 2020.

former_member95896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sven.lang How do we get on the list to be a hand selected customer?

Sven_Lang
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan, at the first stage just ping me the list of your scope items being currently configured and in productive usage. All running integrations in your Q-System would be also important to know.

Send it to sven.lang@sap.com

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Fancy_Zou
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Luisa_D_
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

is there any update regarding this topic?

Thanks!

Luisa

-Ralph
Participant

Hi Luisa,

I think it will become available next week. Here is a link to the Help page about it.

https://help.sap.com/viewer/a630d57fc5004c6383e7a81efee7a8bb/2108.500/en-US/426ffb7ccc58439b805dc2c6...

Ralph

Steven_Cao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi sven.lang ,

Is there function available now? If not yet, when would it be released to SAP customers?

Thanks!

Gerard1
Participant
0 Kudos

‎@John Tau, a 'Data alignment between P and Q Systems' idea has been voted on an accepted as future capability on our Customer Influence programme: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/219205

There's no visibility to a delivery date, though. You can follow its progress by signing up for change notifications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have an update but am eagerly awaiting an answer too

0 Kudos

This is the last I heard from SAP -

Currently there is no facility to do this (Data cope from P to Q) for S/4HANA Cloud. A pilot program is running at the moment to determine how this will work for S/4HANA Cloud, but there is no timeline for this at the moment.

When I chased recently, they mentioned that testing was progressing but was stuck with GDPR considerations.

former_member95896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They have been making it easier thru standalone apps to copy back master data elements from P to Q (GL Accounts, Profit Center and Cost Center, etc.). Considering that the Quality environment is test as well as dev in the cloud it is a different structure with SAP holding the keys which is a different challenge then the traditional ECC, S/4 on Prem environments where the customer is in charge of the backend and front end.

robmccarthy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply Simon