cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max. number of custom fields

former_member306668
Participant

Hi;

We have added a small number of custom fields and the business context capacity is already at 30%. Does anyone know the maximum number of fields that can be created? Or is this related to licensing and can be increased?

Thanks

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MartyMcCormick
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I'll try to find you an official link but *I think* the Business Context Capacity is related to the Business Context (underlying to the DDIC model). So this isn't a system wide "you are out of custom fields" warning but related to the Business Context for Engagement Project, you are almost out of space. Out of curiosity, have you added a lot of fields to this context, and for testing, if you create a new custom field and associate it to a new Business Context it should be back to near 0 depending if you've used it previously?

I'll look for the online doc but hope this helps.

Thanks,

Marty

MartyMcCormick
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

borntosucceed I'm sure you have done this already but just in case one other thing is to try and shorten the length of already defined custom fields to the minimum length for your requirements which would free up some room.

Thanks,

Marty

former_member306668
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Marty,

Yes you are correct, I have just tested this and it is related to the business context. This won't help us very much as most additional fields that we require are for the business context Engagement Project.

We are still in the Starter System and have not defined all fields that will be required, but based on the 30% reached for 6 fields already, we might be getting close to the limit at the end.

Thomas

former_member94298
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree - I was also told that the capacity you use up varies by business context (which seems logical - after all, just adding an additional field to a master data item seems a lot less resource intensive than something like extending the coding block, which ripples through a whole lot of transactional posting apps)

MartyMcCormick
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

antony.johnson Hi Antony - The answer is that the capacity varies by business context so there is no hard and fast rule.

Thanks,

Marty

former_member53744
Participant
0 Kudos

Marty, did you find any answer on this?

Answers (0)