Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow delegation when the normal recipient is not available

Nicolás_Abeille
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The normal process, when a workflow approver goes on hollidays for instance, is to define a substitute so that its workflows can be processed while he is off.

But it may happen that a workflow recipient is absent with no prior notice (and sometimes with actually no possibility for a remote connexion).

Is there any way, for an administrator (or abny user with the ad hoc role) to set up a delegation or to re-route the current workflows?

Thanks in advance,

Nicolás

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member603011
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

as already stated

Is there any way, for an administrator (or any user with the ad hoc role) to set up a delegation or to re-route the current workflows?

Is there an update on this important topic?

Kind regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

We have exactly the same question. Did you find any solution for your scenario?

Best regards,

Kimberly

Thomas_Jürgense
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas, Kimberly,

Besides the substitution outlined above setup by the user himself, there is the application "Workflow Administration" under the same mentioned business catalog. In here there is the ability to select "Forward Dialog Work Item", then an option will appear to select users whose Workitems shall be forwarded; you can also specify the status of related workitems and for which workflow scenario to forward.

Kind regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

The answer is found in the Manage My Substitutes area of the My Inbox app. Specifically, anyone who is an approver should go to the Unplanned tab and select an approver(s) that will take over their approvals during an unplanned absence. This does not take immediate effect. It is only activated when the person selected as the substitute chooses the option "Substitute For" from the My Inbox app. It will then stay in effect until the primary approver returns.

This is how you prepare for unplanned substitutions and how you deal with them when they happen. For reference see the bottom of the document linked below.

Luke

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMOB/Managing+Substitutions+in+My+Inbox+2.0+app?preview=/462...

0 Kudos

Hi Nicolás

Check the information in KBA's 2447316 and 2490102 for information on substitutions.

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2447316

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2490102

Kind regards

Brian

Nicolás_Abeille
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Brian,

These KBA explain in detail how somebody can define a substitute for himself.

My wonder is how to define a substitute for somebody else (somebody that, for some reason, could not define its substitute before geing unavailable).

Nicolás

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolás, did you receive an answer to your query? If not, is this question still open ?

Many thanks,

Aleks